ePIC Deposit FAQ:
1. What is ePIC Deposit?
2. How much does ePIC Deposit cost?
3. How do I know if I am eligible to use ePIC Deposit?
4. How do I sign up for ePIC Deposit?
5. Will ePIC Deposit work on my smartphone?
6. How secure is ePIC Deposit?
7. How do I install the app to my iPhone® or Android™?
8. How do I make an ePIC Deposit on a smartphone?
9. When will my ePIC Deposit be processed?
10. When will funds from ePIC Deposit be available?
11. When can I use ePIC Deposit?
12. Are there limits to how much I can deposit?
13. Do you have suggestions for taking good photos on smartphones?
14. Why am I unable to deposit my check?
15. How will I know when the check has been deposited to my account?
16. What do I do with the check after it has been deposited?
17. What happens if I mistakenly deposit the same check twice?
18. How do I make an ePIC Deposit with my flatbed scanner?
19. How do I review the ePIC Mobile Deposit Disclosure and the FAQ?
With ePIC Deposit from First American Bank, you can make deposits virtually anywhere and anytime. Use your smartphone or flatbed scanner to capture a picture (“pic”) of the check you wish to deposit. Submit the pic to your account and you’re done. Deposits are fast, convenient, and easy with ePIC Deposit.
- Enjoy the convenience of making deposits 24 hours a day, even weekends and holidays.
- Deposits received by 7 p.m. CST are processed that business day. Weekend and holiday deposits will be processed the next business day.
- Keep your normal funds availability schedule. The availability of the funds you deposit is determined the same way as a banking center deposit.
- Get money to the bank faster. Save time and avoid trips to the banking center when you use ePIC Deposit. Each deposit should take just a minute or two, depending on your connection speed.
Personal ePIC Deposit fees. An ePIC Deposit is FREE of charge for First American Bank customers when depositing to their personal checking or savings account that is signed up for eStatements. For customers who do not utilize eStatements, the cost is $1.00 per deposit. Additionally, an ePIC Deposit is FREE of charge with select deposit accounts.
For more information on fees, email email@example.com or call our friendly customer service representatives at 405-579-7000 or 800-522-1262.
ePIC Deposit Fees for Business. The fee for ePIC Deposit for businesses is $7.95 per month and can be charged to your monthly account analysis statement should you choose to also utilize that service.
Your mobile carrier data charges may apply.
First American Bank also offers remote deposit options for businesses with larger volumes of checks. For more information on this, review our Business Solutions at www.Bankfab.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our friendly customer service representatives at 405-579-7000 or 800-522-1262.
To use ePIC Deposit, you must be a current First American Bank customer with a checking or savings account. Generally you need to have been a bank customer for at least 30 days. Your loan and deposit accounts must be in good standing, which includes very limited insufficient and returned check activity. You must also be enrolled in Online Banking.
Complete the online application for ePIC Deposit, call our friendly customer service representatives at 405-579-7000 or 800-522-1262, or visit one of our banking centers. Once you are approved, you will receive a call or an email. (It may take up to 24 hours to receive approval.) Then you are ready to make your first deposit!
During and after enrollment in ePIC Deposits, please check your email account to make sure your ePIC Deposit notifications reach your inbox (and are not blocked or sent to your “junk mail” folder).
ePIC Deposit works on most iPhone® and Android™ smartphones.
iOS 5.0 or higher
OS 2.2 or higher
ePIC Deposit features multiple layers of security, including password protection and the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) communication protocol, which employs 256-bit encryption – the same security used for Online Banking.
For the iPhone®:
1. Make sure your phone uses OS 5.0 or higher
2. Open the App Store icon
3. Open Search and search for “First American Bank Oklahoma”
4. Select “FAB Mobile”
5. Select “Free” and then “Install”
6. Enter you iTunes® or Apple ID password
7. Accept user agreements or policies if they are presented by Apple
8. Select the “FAB Mobile” app icon on your mobile desktop
9. Log in using the User ID and password you created for your Online Banking account
For the Android™
1. Make sure your phone uses OS 2.2 or higher.
2. From the main menu, select “Play” and then “All apps”
3. Open “Search” and search for “First American Bank Oklahoma ”
4. Select “First American Bank - Mobile”
5. Select “Free” and then “OK”
6. After application is downloaded, select “Open”
7. Accept end user agreement
8. Log in using the User ID and password you created for your Online Banking account
To make an ePIC deposit on a smartphone, follow these steps:
1. Launch the FAB Mobile app, log in, and select “ePIC Deposit”
2. Select the account where you wish to deposit your check
3. Enter the amount of the check and select ‘Done’
4. Take a picture of the front of the check
5. Take a picture of the back of the check
6. Verify your deposit information and submit
That’s it! You’ve sent your deposit through a secure connection to First American Bank. You can also review your ePIC deposits and see the images you’ve submitted by selecting “ePIC Deposit” and then “Transactions”. These images are available for 5 days. You can only deposit one check at a time.
Deposits made before 7:00 p.m. CST will be processed the same business day. Deposits make after 7:00 p.m. or on weekends or holidays, will be processed the next business day. For example, if you make a deposit on Saturday, the deposit would be credited to your account on Monday and available on Tuesday.
If your deposit was accepted prior to 7:00 p.m. CST, your deposit will generally be available the next business day. Deposits made after 7:00 p.m. or on weekends or holidays, are generally processed the next business day. All deposits are subject to review and funds from your deposit may not be available for immediate withdrawal. ePIC Deposits are subject to the Funds Availability disclosure provided during account opening (‘Your Ability To Withdraw Funds’). You may view a copy of the Funds Availability Policy under “More…” on the FAB Mobile app.
You can use ePIC Deposit 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
Yes, accounts currently have a daily and a rolling 30 day deposit limit (dollar amount and number of checks).
Personal ePIC Deposit users will generally have the following limits when using the service:
Daily – 5 checks or $5,000
Monthly – 10 checks or $15,000
Small business ePIC Deposit users will generally have the following limits when using the service:
Daily – 10 checks or $7,500
Monthly – 30 checks or $25,000
Lower limits may apply. You may request higher limits by calling our friendly customer service representatives at 405-579-7000 or 800-522-1262.
All images are reviewed for clarity and completeness. If an error is detected, the service will prompt you to retake the photo. Follow these tips to help ensure a good photo is taken:
- Ensure the area is well-lit to prevent shadows
- Place the check on a dark surface
- Keep your hands clear of the check
- Remove objects or other items from view
- Make sure all four corners of the check are visible. Use the guides built into the App to help you line up the picture.
- Position the camera directly above the check
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to reject:
- Folded or torn cornersFront image is not legibleAmounts not matching
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- No camera on device
- Image is too dark
- Some money orders have too much background information and cannot be deposited with ePIC Deposit. Western Union money orders can generally be deposited without errors.
After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you will receive onscreen confirmation that your ePIC Deposit was submitted. You will also receive an email with detailed information and the status of your deposit. Your recent ePIC Deposit history (for 5 days) will also be stored in the “Transactions” under ePIC Deposit on the App.
After you receive confirmation that your check has been accepted for processing, mark on the check “Electronically Presented”, “VOID”, or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. Retain the check for at least 5 days calendar days, but no longer than 14 calendar days. You need to maintain control over and be responsible for the check. Please store in a secure place. On rare occasions, we may ask you to provide the check to us.
Please destroy check, no later than 14 days after date of deposit.
ePIC Deposit has a build-in duplicate detection system and will notify you if the same check is entered twice.
To make an ePIC Deposit with a flatbed scanner, follow these steps:
1. Go to www.Bankfab.com and log in to Online Banking
2. Select “ePIC Deposit”
3. Select “Getting Started” to view a demo
4. Select “Test Scanner” to test and set up your scanner
5. Select “Create a Deposit” to make an ePIC Deposit
6. Follow the detailed prompts on the screen
At the end, you should print a confirmation that will detail your deposit. The confirmation includes a confirmation number, number of checks scanned, total amount of deposit, and copies (front and back) of your deposited checks. Images of the deposit(s) are not retained online.
During the enrollment process, you will need to read and accept the ePIC Mobile Deposit Disclosure. Also, you may view a copy of the ePIC Mobile Deposit Disclosure and the FAQ under “More…” on the FAB Mobile app.