The Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are set out above, is the point of contact for the customers and can be contacted for any questions relating to data processing.
Data Subject Rights Subject to applicable law, regulations and/or banking industry guidelines, the customer may have the right to invoke a data subject right in relation to his / her personal data being processed by FAB France.
FAB France shall provide information on action taken on a request pertaining to the rights above without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. FAB France shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
To invoke customer’s data subject rights, the customer may send an email or a postal mail to data protection officer (see contact details above).
Finally, the customer is entitled to lodge a complaint with a competent Data Protection Authority where existing, concerning FAB France’s compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulation.
FAB France may be allowed by law, in particular in case of excessive or manifestly unfounded request, to charge a fee for fulfilling the request of the customer, subject to applicable conditions.
The rights that the customer can invoke as a data subject can be:
Right of Access
The customer has the right to obtain from FAB France, confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him / her is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- Where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine this period;
- The existence of the right to request from FAB France rectification or erasure of the customer’s personal data or restriction of the processing of such data or to object to such processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- Where data are not collected directly from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information about the logic involved; and
- Where applicable, the transfer of personal outside EEA and appropriate safeguards implemented.
FAB France shall provide a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For any further copies requested, please note that FAB France may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
Right to Rectification
The customer shall have the right to obtain from FAB France without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate and/or incomplete personal data concerning him /her.
Right to Erasure
Except in very specific cases where provided by law, the customer has the right to obtain from FAB France the erasure of personal data concerning him/her without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the withdrawal of the customer’s consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- the objection to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which FAB France is subject;
- the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services directly to a child.
Right to Restriction of Processing
The customer has the right to obtain from FAB France restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The customer contests the accuracy of his / her personal data (in such a case, the restriction will be for a period enabling FAB France to verify the accuracy of said data); the processing is unlawful;
- the processing is unlawful and the customer opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- FAB France no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- The customer objects to processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
If the customer exercises his / her right to restriction, FAB France will no longer be able to process the personal data of the customer, unless:
- The customer has given the consent;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims,
- for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person,
- for important reasons of public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
Right to Data Portability
The customer has the right to receive or to transmit those data to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data concerning him / her that was provided to FAB France, without hindrance from FAB France, where the processing is based on his / her consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object to the Processing
The customer has the right to object, on grounds relating to his / her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him / her when it is based on FAB France’s legitimate interests. FAB France shall no longer process the said personal data unless it demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the customer’s interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Such right can be exercised at any time where the customer’s personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes.
Right to object being subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling
The customer has the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him / her or similarly significantly affects him / her, except in specific cases provided by law.
Right to define post-mortem directives
The customer has the right to formulate specific and general directives concerning the storage, erasure and communication of post-mortem data concerning him/her Regarding the general directives, they must be addressed to a third party who will be designated by decree.