We are delighted to present to you your new debit card linked to your FAB account. Your new debit card now comes with contactless payment technology, which enables you to tap your card at merchant terminals to make payments.
It is a quick, convenient and secure way to pay as you go. You can continue to use your debit card at ATMs, and to make online payments as always.
Designed to enhance your lifestyle, your debit card is packed with features and benefits that cover a range of categories. With access to over 100,000 retail outlets across the UAE, this is the FAB way to spend and manage your money. We hope you enjoy your FAB experience.
First Abu Dhabi Bank
Using your FAB World Debit Card every day
Your FAB World Debit Card is designed to help you stay in control of your daily finances and provides you with easier access to your own money. Your new FAB World Debit Card is accepted at more than 47.2 million outlets worldwide and in over 100,000 outlets across the UAE. Your new card is like carrying your bank account in your wallet. So simply tap your card for all your shopping every day instead of withdrawing and carrying cash. All transactions made with your card will appear on your monthly account statement. Please check your transaction details carefully in the Mobile app by cross-referencing with your sales slips.
Your own money
Your FAB World Debit Card is not a credit card – you’re using your own money directly from your FAB account, so there’s no longer any need to worry about due dates, interest or late payment charges. Provided you have sufficient funds in your account, your purchase will be authorised.
Your FAB World Debit Card also gives you the opportunity to shop online, securely.
One Time Password
FAB’s One Time Password (OTP) is a six-digit code which adds a second level of authentication each time you perform an online shopping transaction. A One Time Password (OTP) is sent via SMS to your mobile and email address registered with FAB.
Free SMS alert
Feel secure, with free SMS alerts on all purchases and withdrawals made with your FAB World Debit Card.
Using your FAB World Debit Card at ATMs
To use your FAB World Debit Card at any ATM, you will need a Personal Identification Number (PIN). You can easily set your PIN while using any FAB ATM or the Mobile app. Cash withdrawals made using your FAB World Debit Card from any FAB ATM, within the UAE, will be free of charge. Cash withdrawals made through non-FAB ATMs within the UAE and overseas will be subject to network fees and transaction charges.
You can withdraw cash using the following:
- Any FAB ATM
- All other Bank ATMs throughout the UAE that display the UAE Switch logo
- All Bank ATMs in GCC displaying GCC Switch logo
- Over 1 million ATMs around the world displaying Mastercard/Cirrus logo
Individual and daily cash withdrawal limits, based on the type of account you hold with FAB will also apply. The limits will vary in relation to the ATM network being utilised.
Additional services at FAB ATMs/ Cash and Cheque Deposit Machines (CCDM)
Your FAB World Debit Card can also be used, at no additional cost, at all FAB ATMs to access a wide range of additional banking and payment services, including:
- Account balance enquiry
- Mini statement requests
- Cheque book orders
- Utility bill payments
- Cash or cheque deposits
FAB Rewards Loyalty Programme
With FAB Rewards, you can now get rewarded for your credit card and debit card spending, Elite Current and Savings Account balances, fixed deposits, home loans, auto loans and personal loans. You also get rewarded for registering to FAB digital banking channels and initiating online transactions.
- Earn up to 5 FAB Rewards for every AED 1 credit card spending
- 60 FAB Rewards for every AED 100 Elite Debit Card in domestic spending and 120 FAB Rewards for every AED 100 spent in foreign currency
- 8 FAB Rewards for each AED 1,000 average monthly account balance
- Up to 2.5 FAB Rewards for each AED 1,000 fixed deposit balance
- Up to 200,000 FAB Rewards with FAB Auto Loans and personal loans
- Up to 600,000 FAB Rewards with FAB Home Loans
- 1,000 FAB Rewards for a first-time registration to the FAB Mobile app or Online Banking channels
- 600 FAB Rewards on international remittances, up to a maximum of 3,000 FAB Rewards monthly
- 2,000 FAB Rewards for each new standing instruction bill payment set-up, credited after the first successful payment
Redeem your Rewards for:
- Emirates Skywards and Etihad Guest Miles exchange
- Utility bill payments
- Gift cards and shopping vouchers
- Shopping at point-of-sale
- Transaction reimbursement
Unlimited, complimentary airport lounge access
Travel should always feel like a pleasure. And, with the World Mastercard® Lounge Programme, it does. By presenting your World Mastercard® at participating lounges, you will receive:
- Complimentary LoungeKey airport lounge membership
- Unlimited, complimentary access for you at over 1000 lounges worldwide
- Access to business facilities - email, internet, phones and conference space in some lounges
- Complimentary refreshments and snacks
Primary and Supplementary customers need to show their individual World Mastercard® cards to avoid guest charges
Show your World Mastercard® at participating lounges and mention the LoungeKey programme.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Inc. The Airport Lounge benefit is provided by a third party service provider. While FAB assumes no liability or responsibility with respect to the services provided by them, we do request you to share any feedback or comment with us on 800 4 0000 and we promise to relay it to the relevant parties for necessary action.
From everyday purchases with your FAB World Debit Card like groceries and petrol, to special extravagances when you’re in town or out of town, peace of mind is in the bag. Should something go wrong with a purchase, we’re here to make it right.
Travel inconvenience and cancellation insurance*
Inconvenience is sometimes part of travel ¬– but you shouldn’t have to deal with it alone.
When your luggage gets misplaced or flight delays interrupt your plans, FAB’s World Debit Card can compensate you for the inconvenience.
|Insurance Coverage||Maximum Benefit Amount (USD)|
|Travel Insurance||Travel Accident and Insured Journey: Up to USD 500,000
Travel Medical Benefits: Up to USD 500,000
Trip Inconvenience Protection: Up to USD 7,500
Luggage Protection: Up to USD 3,000
*This is a product summary only. A copy of the original policy is also available on request. In any areas where this information is unclear or ambiguous, the policy document takes precedence.
Protecting your card and PIN
Please take a few simple steps to protect yourself from possible misuse of your card or PIN.
Protecting your card
- Your FAB World Debit Card is for your personal use only. Never let any other person use your card.
- Never reveal your personal details or your PIN to anyone when using your FAB World Debit Card.
- In the event of loss/theft, immediately block your card through the Mobile app or report the lost/stolen card to FAB by calling on 800 4 0000 / call from overseas on +971 2 4996599or reach out directly to your Relationship Manager. You will not be held liable for any transactions on the card after it has been reported lost/stolen. FAB will arrange for a replacement card which would be personally delivered to you by courier.
- Always retain your sales receipt so that you can cross reference against the card transactions that appear on your bank account statement.
- Report any discrepancies in your monthly statement to your branch within two weeks from the statement date.
- If your card is found or returned to you after it has been reported lost or stolen, please do not use the card.
- Instead, destroy the card by cutting it across the magnetic stripe, and wait for your replacement card.
- FAB sends free SMS alerts whenever your card is used, allowing you to keep track of your card activities. In case you are NOT receiving SMS alerts on your registered mobile, please contact the FAB Call Centre or reach out directly to your Relationship Manager.
- Report IMMEDIATELY to FAB Call Centre, or reach out directly to your Relationship Manager, if notified by SMS of any transaction you haven’t made.
- If you change your mobile number or address, please ensure to use the Mobile app to update your records.
Protecting Your PIN
- Always choose a four digit PIN that you can easily remember without having the need to write it down anywhere.
- Never reveal or quote your PIN to any person including FAB staff or anybody over the phone or on the internet.
- Cover the keypad when you enter your PIN to ensure others cannot see what you entered
- Change your PIN frequently. You can do this at any FAB ATM or through the Mobile app.